Sports Medicine Doctor in Los Angeles & Beverly Hills
If you or a loved one sustains an injury during exercise or while participating in a sport or another physical activity, you should visit a sports medicine doctor in Los Angeles & Beverly Hills for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Expertise in Sports Medicine
Sports medicine is not considered a medical specialty, because most of the doctors who specialize in sports medicine are actually certified in emergency medicine, neuromusculoskeletal, family medicine, rehabilitation medicine, internal medicine, orthopedic surgery, and other specialties. However, they also pursue further training in sports medicine in order to understand the many different injuries and conditions that athletes and active individuals may develop from participating in sports and other physical activities.
As a sports medicine doctor, Dr. Patel has superior understanding of how joints, tendons, and ligaments function and the impact of sports on their health. His training allows him to administer both conservative and surgical treatments to correct problems affecting the joints. He typically works with professional athletes, high school athletes, and other active individuals to help them prevent injury, improve performance, boost their overall health, and maintain their level of physical activity in the long-term.
Non-surgical care for sports injuries may include:
- Comprehensive health care for active patients, which includes diagnosis and treatment of joint, tendon, and ligament injuries and conditions caused by sports or other activities
- The application of manual techniques to help prevent and treat skeletal and muscular conditions associated with sports
- The application of special knowledge regarding the concept of athletic conditioning
- Emphasis on injury prevention tactics and rehabilitation for common sports injuries
- Nutritional guidance to improve strength, endurance, and general athletic performance
Dr. Patel performed an amazing procedure on my shoulder! Not only does he provide excellent service, but he makes you feel very comfortable and informs you thoroughly. The staff are very friendly and have always provided me with great customer service. I highly recommend his services.
Dr. Patel is a kind and compassionate.
When to see a sports medicine doctor
Some signs of injury include:
- Severe cramping
- Locked joint that won't bend
- Audible popping when moving the joint
You should also visit a sports medicine doctor when you have any of the following conditions:
- Meniscus tear
- Rotator cuff tear
- Tennis elbow or golfer's elbow
- Torn ligaments
Dr. Patel will attempt to use conservative treatment options first to correct the problem before recommending surgery. If you have any problems, your sports medicine doctor will help you develop a custom treatment plan for your unique case to get you back to your active lifestyle as soon as possible.